Does forum marketing really work?
Well, it does if it done properly.
We are all familiar with the concept of forum marketing. Sharing your content over a number of forums helps gain traffic, leads and conversions. But it has to be done properly.
Simply put, forum marketing is a type of content marketing that focuses on specific subjects. The people who join a particular forum often do so, so they can get access to more detailed information about a given subject. This allows an opportunity for brands to tap into these groups and grow their online community.
The following six points can help you use forum marketing to help grow your small business.
- Find where your customers are engaged. The easiest way to do this is do a keyword search on topics of interest to your clients.
- Join the forum as an individual, not as your business. People like to engage on these forums with other people, even though you will be able to promote your business on the forum
- Read the rules! Most forums have some strict rules around promotion, so make sure you are coloring inside the lines so you don’t have your posts removed – or aren’t banned.
- Complete your profile. You can usually put in information including social and website links. But don’t go overboard. Think of a couple of lines – an elevator pitch – that describe you do.
- Add a signature. Depending on the forum, having a signature may be tied to how long you have been in the forum. Follow the rules and try to stay consistent with the “theme” that others are using.
- Add value to the forum. Don’t use it for blatant self-promotion. Engage in discussions and give some insights to other forum members.
Download our complementary guide for more ideas.
Are you ready to grow your business now? If you’re ready to take the next step and make your business more profitable, please reach out to us.
If you like the information you are receiving, please consider forwarding this post.